Why PCB is Important
Printed Circuit Board (PCB), also known as Printed Circuit Board in Chinese. It is an important electronic component. The support body of electronic components, and also the carrier of electrical interconnection of electronic components . Because it made electronic printing, it called “printed” circuit board.
PCB is printed circuit board, referred to as printed board, is one of the important components of the electronic industry. Almost every kind of electronic device, from electronic watches and calculators to computer communication electronics and military weapons systems. As long as there are electronic components such as integrated circuits. Printed boards are used for electrical interconnection between components.
The PRINTED circuit board consists of an insulating base plate connecting wires and a pad for assembling welded electronic components. It has the dual function of conducting line and insulating base plate.
It can replace the complex wiring, realize the electrical connection between the components in the circuit, not only simplifies the assembly of electronic products, welding work, reduce the wiring workload under the traditional way, greatly reduce the labor intensity of workers. And reduce the volume of the whole machine, reduce the cost of products, improve the quality and reliability of electronic equipment.
Printed circuit board has good product consistency, it can adopt standardized design, is conducive to realize mechanization and automation in the production process.
At the same time, the whole printed circuit board after assembly debugging can used as an independent spare part, easy to exchange and maintenance of the whole machine products. At present, printed circuit board widely used in the production and manufacturing of electronic products.
The earliest use of printed circuit boards was paper – based copper-clad printed boards. Since the advent of semiconductor transistors in the 1950s, demand for printed boards has risen sharply. Especially with the rapid development and wide application of integrated circuit, the volume of electronic equipment is becoming smaller and smaller. Circuit wiring density and difficulty is increasing, which requires the PCB to constantly updated.
At present, the variety of printed board has developed from single panel to double panel, multi-layer board and flexible board.
Structure and quality also develope to the degree of ultra-high density, miniaturization and high reliability. New design methods, design supplies and board materials, board technology continue to emerge. In recent years, all kinds of computer aided design (CAD) printed circuit board application software popularized and promoted in the industry, in the specialized printed board manufacturers, mechanization, automation production completely replaced the manual operation.
Second, the PCB invented by Paul Eisler, an Austrian. In 1936, he first used printed circuit boards in radio. In 1943, the Technology was adopted for military use in the United States, and in 1948, the invention was officially approved for commercial use in the United States. Since the mid-1950s, printed circuit boards have been widely used. Printed circuit boards appear in almost every kind of electronic device. If there are electronic components in a piece of equipment, they are also embedded in various sizes of PCB. The main function of PCB is to make all kinds of electronic components to form predetermined circuit connection, play the role of relay transmission, is the key electronic interconnection parts of electronic products, known as “the mother of electronic products
Second, PCB can be more and more widely used, because it has a lot of unique advantages, roughly as follows:
Can be high-densit
- Over the years, the high density of printed boards has been able to evolve with the improvement of integrated circuits and installation technology.
Through a series of inspection, testing and aging tests, the PCB can guarantee to work reliably for a long time (the service life is generally 20 years).
All kinds of PCB performance (electrical, physical, chemical, mechanical, etc.) requirements can achieved through design standardization, standardization, etc. This design time is short, high efficiency.
PCB adopts modern management, can realize standardization, scale (quantity), automatic production, so as to ensure the consistency of product quality.
Established relatively complete testing methods, testing standards, through a variety of testing equipment and instruments to detect and identify PCB products qualified and service life.
Assembly PCB products not only facilitate standardized assembly of various components . But also can be automated, large-scale mass production. In addition, the PCB and other components of the whole assembly, but also to form larger parts, systems, until the whole machine.
Since PCB products and components are integrate into a standardized design and mass production, these components also standardized. Therefore, once the system fails, it can replaced quickly, conveniently and flexibly to quickly restore the work of the system.
PCB also has some other advantages, such as the system miniaturization, lightweight, signal transmission speed and so on.
PCB has the following functions in electronic equipment.
(1) Provide mechanical support for fixed and assembled electronic components such as integrated circuits to realize wiring and electrical connection or electrical insulation between various electronic components such as integrated circuits, and provide the required electrical characteristics.
(2) To provide resistance welding graphics for automatic welding, and to provide identification characters and graphics for the installation, inspection and maintenance of components.
(3) After electronic equipment adopts printed board. Due to the consistency of similar printed board, the error of manual wiring avoided. And electronic components can automatically inserted or installed, automatic soldering, automatic detection. To ensure the quality of electronic products, improve labor productivity, reduce costs,
and easy maintenance.
(4) Provide the required electrical characteristics, characteristic impedance and electromagnetic compatibility characteristics for the circuit in high speed or high frequency circuits.
(5) Printed board embedded with passive components provides certain electrical functions, simplifies electronic installation procedures and improves product reliability.
(6) In large-scale and super-large-scale electronic packaging components, it provides an effective chip carrier for the chip packaging of electronic components miniaturization.